Wednesday 5 August 2009

Dogs!


The Japanese love their dogs and it seems that the smaller and more made up they are, the better! This is my first photo of some typical Tokyo dogs, but I am sure there are many more to come and I intend to make an album of the weird and wonderful ones. I have a feeling these ones were freshly out of the grooming parlour and their owners had set them up for a photo session in the local park. We have several grooming parlours around where we live and even a dog hotel - I'm intrigued to see inside it. Yesterday, I found myself at the Tokyo Midtown Building - a big glitzy shopping arcade - and there was a shop there dedicated to keeping your dog spruced to within an inch of it's life. This includes t-shirts, hair clips, toothpaste, organic pasta (?!) and, the ultimate in luxury, a buggy for your pooch! At the back of the shop was a grooming parlour where a long haired dacshund was happily standing on a plinth while a young woman gently styled his belly fur. The floor was covered in tufts of white hair, the aftermath of a scottie dog's trip to the salon. He was patiently waiting in a pen for his owner to collect him. Maybe I should start designing bags for dogs....

No comments:

Post a Comment