Saturday 14 April 2012

Sayonnara Tokyo

Thursday was a beautiful day, spent mostly doing last minute shopping and packing. Mum and I managed to make one last dash to Omotesando where we stocked up on items from the 100 yen store and then on to Shibuya for a kimono-buying session. In the evening we had a nice Japanese-style meal at home - nabe, which is a hotpot-type meal where you cook chicken and vegetables in stock, in a clay pot on a stove on the table. It's a hearty, warming meal and a nice way to end a wonderful two week adventure with mum and dad.

The three of us flew back to London on friday morning, sad to say goodbye to Tokyo, but with happy memories of all the fab things we managed to pack into the two weeks. I will now be doing my regular work stint back in the UK, so mum and dad are not rid of me yet! I'll be back in Tokyo 12th May to begin my adventures there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment