Wednesday 17 November 2010

Another wedding celebration


Neil and I felt very privileged to have been the guests of honour at another wedding celebration on monday evening, organised by Neil's work colleagues and held at the Peninsula Hotel in Tokyo.

I wasn't sure what to expect, or even what to wear, but turned up in a black knee length dress (the safe option) and met Neil in the lobby as arranged. It wasn't until I got there that he then informed me we had to stay in the lobby until we were summoned down to the function room. Suddenly, I became a bit nervous as it was all taking on a rather formal air to it! All I could think was, damn, I should have gone and got my hair done! It was raining outside and I wasn't looking my most polished....

We got the call and trotted downstairs to the function room, feeling rather apprehensive. I was shoved in front of Neil and suddenly found myself shuffling into a room, surrounded by 30 of his colleagues (most of whom I'd never met before) giving us a standing ovation!!!!!! We then had to sit at a table while we were given a speech by one of the other partners, before the champagne was cracked open and the conversation flowed. After my initial shock of being the centre of attention, we had a great time and it was really nice to finally meet everyone that Neil works with. They are obviously very fond of him and vice versa, which is a good thing as they spend a lot of hours together!

The evening went far too quickly (and I had no time to take photos) and at the end of it we were given this gorgeous bouquet and a certificate for dinner for two at the sumptuous Peter restaurant at the Peninsula hotel. How lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment