Wednesday 7 October 2009

Parasites!


Well, as a welcome back to Tokyo, I decided to treat myself to a trip to the Meguro Parasitological Museum! Not one's first choice in a city bulging with culture and feasts for the eye, but it happens to be near a fabric shop I wanted to visit, so I went there first, stocked up on cute Japanese fabrics at rock bottom price, and then trotted on to feast my eye on some parasites! I'm glad I hadn't eaten lunch at that point as there were some pretty horrific sights and lots of photos to show what parasites can do to the most delicate areas of the human anatomy. It was, needless to say, a brief visit, and after a scan round the shop, where you could buy a t-shirt with a cute little parasite on the front, I battled home through the relentless rain.

It has now been raining for three days solidly and there is a typhoon predicted for tomorrow. Today a local told me that I mustn't leave the house tomorrow as there will be winds of up to 30mph and heavy rain. I'll have to baton down the hatches (sp?) and bring in emergency supplies to keep me going through the storm!

PS I went to my second Stitch and Bitch last night and met some nice people. One girl is thinking of doing a pottery class nearby, so I may tag along with her. I'm getting craftier by the day.... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment