Tuesday 12 April 2011

Quake Update

Tremors/quakes seem to be quite a regular part of our lives now and we are trying to deal with it as calmly as possible. Last thursday a big one hit at about 11.30pm (I was reading in bed and felt like I was on a boat) and since then we have had a few more. There was a biggish one yesterday at about 5pm. I was home alone and saw the book shelves rocking from side to side. I was just about to jump under the table when it stopped. We felt another biggish one this morning, and I was on the subway earlier when the train ground to a halt as the ground was shaking - it wasn't a big one, but I didn't like the idea of being underground when it happened......

Someone was telling me today that there have recently been, on average, about 45 tremors a day! Luckily, we don't feel most of these, but it would explain why I constantly feel like I'm on a boat, or have just got off a boat and am still rocking, if you get my meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment